Welcome to Texarkana Endodontics. Dr. Michel’s goal as an endodontist is to relieve your pain quickly, resolve your problem without discomfort and preserve your teeth for as long as possible. Dr. Michel and his staff are thorough, careful and detailed. Treating you with the utmost gentleness is both a priority and a hallmark of his care.
What to bring
Please be sure to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- The referral slip and any x-rays that your dentist's office may have provided.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Any necessary dental insurance information if you have insurance.
- Drivers License or Photo ID.
What to expect
After the first contact with our office, we will email you a welcome letter that will allow you to login to our secure website and enter your information.
- We will ask you to confirm and sign the forms you reviewed online.
- Your blood pressure and diagnostic radiographs will be taken.
- The time necessary to deliver thorough root canal treatment is variable and difficult to predict for each patient. We will make every attempt to keep your waiting to a minimum. Please be patient as we deliver quality care to all patients.
- Dr. Michel will discuss what brought you in, locate the source of your current concern, show you photographs and radiographs and discuss their significance.
- Recommendations and treatment options will be given.
- If time has been set aside for treatment, then you will be given adequate local anesthesia to numb the area.
- Your tooth will be isolated with a rubber dam (latex or non-latex barrier), and treatment will be rendered.
- Some cases take more than one visit depending on the specific circumstances of your situation.
- After treatment, your case and prognosis will be reviewed and post-operative instructions will be given.
The following is important information to keep in mind following your treatment:
- A root canal treated tooth will not have any hot or cold sensitivity, but could be tender to touching or biting for a few days, possibly up to a month.
- You will be given written and verbal instructions on how to minimize any discomfort by taking ibuprofen, Tylenol, or another prescribed pain reliever.
- If you have swelling or a reaction to any medications, please call us immediately.
- Please wait for anesthetic to wear off before chewing so that you do not bite your cheek or tongue. This usually takes 2-3 hours from the time it is given.
- In many cases you will be asked to return to your general dentist within three weeks for further restorative treatment like a permanent filling or crown. Until then, please avoid chewing on the root canal treated tooth. Please do not delay in seeing your general dentist for follow-up care; doing so may cause failure of the root canal treatment necessitating root canal re-treatment or removal of the tooth.
- We will ask you to return in 6-12 months for a quick visit in which we take a radiograph to evaluate the healing that has taken place. This visit only takes a couple minutes and there is no charge.
Root canal treatment may vary between $800 and $1500 depending on the tooth and particular circumstances. Generally your portion is due in full at the time of treatment unless other arrangements have been made. We accept all major credit cards. We also offer CareCredit for patients needing to finance their root canal treatment.
We are in-network providers for patients who have Delta Dental, Cigna, and AETNA. We accept all traditional insurance plans and also provide CareCredit options for patients having difficulty paying for treatment. Even if a patient is coming to us out of network, their insurance may cover at in-network percentages; please call and we can let you know.
Dental insurance is designed to share in your dental care costs. It will not cover the total cost of your treatment. Most insurance plans will cover between 20 to 80 percent of endodontic treatment. We will do our best to accurately estimate your insurance coverage however every policy has exclusions & policy provisions we cannot be aware of. Your “estimated” out of pocket portion will be collected at the time your treatment is started. Any remaining balance after the insurance pays its portion is the patient’s responsibility.
Our office is located at:
1726 Galleria Oaks Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
From the East:
Take I-30 West to Summerhill Road (Exit 222). Turn right onto Summerhill Road. Go to Galleria Oaks Drive (first light after turning onto Summerhill Road). Turn right onto Galleria Oaks Drive. Follow the road around until you see our office on the left hand side. It is a brick building with white trim and white pillars.
From the West:
Take I-30 East to Summerhill Road (Exit 222). Turn left onto Summerhill Road (crossover the highway). Go to Galleria Oaks Drive (the intersection by Applebee’s). Turn right onto Galleria Oaks Drive. Follow the road around until you see our office on the left hand side. It is a brick building with white trim and white pillars.
Registration takes around 20 minutes. Pre-registering makes things nice and smooth for you when you come in for treatment. Please note: You’ll be directed to an external site that is encrypted for your security.